Holland Building History
  The Holland Building was built by Mrs. Louise Jarrett in memory of her father, T.B. Holland, in 1914. When its doors opened in January of 1915, it was proclaimed “Springfield’s Most Beautiful Christmas Gift”, and it was.

Over the course of the next 85 years; the Holland Building hosted tailors and jewelers, restaurants and beauty shops, insurance companies, and even an early x-ray lab. However, by the end of the century, the once-acclaimed building was languishing on the Square.

In 2000, Allen and Mary Lou Casey purchased the building from the RB Murray family. They had the structure placed on the National Register of Historic Places, and with careful attention to detail, completely restored and renovated the building.

Today, the Holland Building welcomes contemporary professionals with the elegance of the Edwardian Era. Details hidden for decades, including mosaic tile floors and transom windows, have been restored to their original condition. Hallway walls are cased in marble, while ornate crown molding and an intricate brass mailbox greet visitors in the lobby.

The Holland Building, once again, is a treasure of downtown Springfield.